Monday, November 15, 2010

Just Another Birthday! (Christian Homebased)

Today is my birthday and it is now noon, as I hear my cellphone alarm with a wakeup call I recently set to remind me, "Have you done anything significant for the Lord today?"  Unfortunately, the answer most days is, "no."  In the background I also hear church chimes reminding me to worship each day and be thankful for what God has given me. Being able to work from home with my Christian home based business, is one of the things I am most thankful for is my Christian homebased business-- because it allows me to determine my own God-given destiny .

My Christian Homebased Company

This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.
Psalms 118:24 (KJV)

Things began to change for me recently when I determined my purpose and began to flow in the gifting God has given me.  My blog and writing have given me a new reason to flow in the anointing

For years, I wrote in journals; stacks and stacks--once I threw them all away except for a couple.  It seemed as though I was wasting alot of time. What is strange about all those journals, is the stories seemed to be the same (only different circumstances with different names). I did not know how to break out of whatever it was that had me gripped into thinking I was not worthy to receive blessings God so freely gives, and the writings in my journals underlined that reality. But a writer has to write--and soon the journals started again; however, now I have another outlet to write, and it is a "God thing." 

The word "sin" in the Bible means a violation of God's law--which has with it the penalty of death. We all have sinned but God sent his son, Jesus, to earth to live as a man and be our sacrifice.  God desired relationship with us, but  knew it was impossible to live without sin, so Jesus who was without sin, took our place and died for us (as we were the ones who were guilty). It is only through the blood of Jesus that we can actually begin to communicate with the Father. 

                                                     The Problem:
Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned: Romans 5:12 KJV

                                                     The Solution
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. I John 1:9 KJV

Even though I professed to be a Christian, my life was consumed with yearnings to be loved (I suppose coming from a childhood where I was isolated and unloved for a time--caused from the divorce of my parents and the subsequent repercussions from it), or just maybe it was:

The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?  Jeremiah 17:9 KJV

 Because I had not learned to trust God enough to fulfill my desires in his timing, my life was a jumble of mixed emotions.  You might be in the same situation now.  You may be in a relationship which is unholy, whether it is a close friendship with a non-believer or whether it is an adulterous relationship, (even one you have been toying with in your mind just to get through the day).  Stop.  These are not God's desires for you.  He has a plan for your life, and it is good.

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. Jeremiah 29:11

These strong desires are not from God.  These desires are from the enemy who wants to kill you and those around you.  An unholy relationship can ruin your life and your Christian witness, as well as well as keep you in mental turmoil. I can tell you these things from experience.  When I "fell in love" with a man who was not chosen for me by God, the only thing that mattered to me was this relationship--he was the one who told me who I was and where I received my identity. The problem with this relationship was that I loved the person more than I did God, and God is a jealous God.

Because of the on-again, off-again relationship and all the drama involved, the emotion which I thought was "love" at the time, and later determined it to be "addiction," gave my life no base for serving my Savior.  This relationship robbed me of true love and lead me on a road to depression which through Christ and his word has lead me to a road of healing, victory and eventually true joy--not the temporary euphoria found in a thrilling, yet "unholy" relationship.

If the Bible says something is "sin," it is sin.  There is no justification for taking part in any type of sin, especially day after day after day.  These relationships, which bring with them both extreme high peaks and deep valleys, can be very exciting and intoxicating.  The fact is, most people have become comfortable being "uncomfortable" -- when one uncomfortable relationship ends, they soon begin to attract another, never repenting or learning from their past.

 A life of continual drama is a lifestyle--one drama scene after another and for what?  Even in our country, leadership is still taking us down the wrong road as we continue to go more and more into debt which is "sin."  Yes, we have accepted some things God calls "sin" as a way of life.

Jesus Christ is our way of escape.  He tells us what to do in his word, but few want to give up what they have been "comfortable" with.

There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

I am here to tell you that your "comfort zone" is what is going to be the death of you, if it is not "holy."

I am thankful God has given me the opportunity to work with my Christian homebased company, GBG.  The product I represent has helped many people as well as myself to have better health. But the thing I am most thankful for is through my leadership training, I have learned my purpose which is to "give hope to the hopeless, (physically, financially and spiritually.)"
My word for you today is to examine your relationships, and if you find that you are involved in any "unholy" toxic relationships which do not magnify your loving God, ask him to forgive you and run away from sin. This decision to change is very painful for all involved, the pain is ten times as painful to stay. There is no better time than to do it today. If you wait, it might be too late. If you remain attached, it could mean someones eternity.



My birthday is today, November 15.  If you have not given your heart to the Lord, this could be your birthday too--a birthday that even the angels would celebrate.  I, too, would rejoice; -- and it would be the grandest birthday present I have ever received.

How to Have Eternal Life

I praise God for friends and I thank you for taking time to read this blog. It might have only been for one person, and that one person just might be you.